1.How can we view and configure the update, timeout, and download settings for the Malware agent on the Mailbox server?
Use the Get-MalwareFilteringServer and Set-MalwareFilteringServer cmdlets in the Exchange Management Shell.
2.What are the Exchange Management Shell scripts that we can use to manage malware filtering?
- Disable-Antimalwarescanning.ps1: disables the Malware agent, and malware engine and definition updates on the Mailbox server;
- Enable-Antimalwarescanning.ps1: enables the Malware agent, enables malware engine and definition updates, and runs engine and definition updates on the Mailbox server;
- Update-MalwareFilteringServer.ps1: manually runs malware engine and definition updates on the Mailbox server.
3.What are the antimalware options for Exchange?
- Built-in antimalware protection;
- Exchange Online Protection (EOP);
- Third-party antimalware protection.
4.How to create and export an Edge Subscription file?
Running the New-EdgeSubscription cmdlet on Edge Transport Server:
New-EdgeSubscription -FileName “C:\Data\EdgeSubscriptionInfo.xml”
5.How to import the Edge Subscription file to the Active Directory site?
Running the New-EdgeSubscription cmdlet on the Mailbox server:
New-EdgeSubscription -FileData ([byte]$(Get-Content -Path “C:\Data\EdgeSubscriptionInfo.xml” -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0)) -Site “Default-First-Site-Name”
6.What we need to prepare for EdgeSync?
- License the Edge Transport server;
- Verify that the required ports are open in the firewall;
- Verify that DNS host name resolution is successful from the Edge Transport server to the Mailbox servers and from the Mailbox servers to the Edge Transport server;
- Configure the following transport settings for propagation to the Edge Transport server:
- Internal SMTP servers;
- Accepted domains;
- Remote domains.
7.How to override the EdgeSync synchronization schedule and immediately start synchronization?
Use the Start-EdgeSynchronization cmdlet.
8.What data the EdgeSync service replicates from Active Directory to AD LDS?
- Send connector configuration;
- Accepted domains;
- Remote domains;
- Safe Senders Lists;
- Blocked Senders Lists;
- List of send and receive domains used in domain secure communications with partners;
- List of SMTP servers listed as internal in your organization’s transport configuration;
- List of Mailbox servers in the subscribed Active Directory site.
9.How to change the maximum interval between EdgeSync synchronizations?
Use the Set-EdgeSyncServiceConfig cmdlet.
10.What are the order of precedence of address rewrite entries from highest priority to lowest priority:
- Individual email addresses;
- Domain or subdomain mapping;
- Domain flattening.